After failing in a photography session Gesing Coast, then yesterday I re-evaluate the failure. The failure because the images are, harsh, flat colors and bad lighting. In addition, the location of the beach overlooking the southeast with conditions such corridor flanked by two high hills on the right and left.
The mistake I made was:
- Poor planning: I did not plan well before you leave, I didn’t check the location on the map. So I was not aware of the position of the beach overlooking the southeast, while the sunset in the west, even though I went late in the afternoon.
- Wrong Gear Setting: Before leaving, I did not mark the correct position of the CPL filter and GND filter. So when shooting in the field, I was confused and wrong turns the filter. As a result, the dark and light recorded in the wrong position and not in color.
I do correction stages, as follows:
- I went back to see google map location Gesing Beach, I thought this beach facing south, apparently after finding GESING BEACH’S LOCATION, I just realized this beach facing southeast.
- A day after the photography session, I noticed GND filters and CPL, I try to rotate and adjust the position of the camera for landscape or portrait. Apparently the position of arrows on CPL filter must remain in the top position for maximum polarization values, regardless of the position of the camera and its lens.
- Since I combined the GND filter ND8 filter, then it is very difficult to see where the filter GND dark and bright side. The steps I gave a white dot with a marker for the dark side.
The photos on this page, I did post processing and only two decent frames for post processing of the 90 frames that I shot. It is unfortunate, but this failure is the process I need to go through to improve my skills in photography.
AFS Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
AFS Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED